Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

N_TCH_HO

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Derik

Could some one please help in expalantion for (N_TCH_HO,HO_MARGIN_DIST,HO_MARGIN_LEV and HO_MARGIN_QUAL) can they improve Handover.

Pix

N TCH HO : number of TS TCH reserved for incoming HO. They are not allocated to call setup, unless ALLOC ANYWAY is enabled.

HO MARGIN DIST/LEV/QUAL : remove the candidate cells for outgoing HO if they do not satisfy the criteria PBGT(n) > HO MARGIN + HO MARGIN DIST/LEV/QUAL (depending on the cause of the HO : high distance, or low level, or poor quality)

they cannot really improve HO spectacularly. They are very fine tuning parameters, in order to fix some specific problems (Micro to Umbrella cell or 1800 to 900 cell situations). Basically, you can keep them to default values, it will work fine.
    If you set them to a value to high, no more candidates can verify the condition >> HO cannot happen
    if the value is too negative, the candidate are actually worse than the serving cell >> it will lead to ping pong scenarios.

What exactly are the values of your HO KPIs ?

Cheers,
    Pix

Derik

Thank you for explaining
    and HO KPI are as
    1-30% PBGT HO
    2-20% Preferred band
    3-10% DL Level
    4- 15% UL level
    5- 10% DL Quality
    6-15% forced directed retry

Pix

Hi, it’s pretty good 🙂

the FDR is a little high, i would try to increase the CRO of cells that are “receiving” the FDR HO. Instead of doing a FDR from cell A to cell B, it is better to favour CRO of cell B a little bit more (+2dB or +4dB).

actually, when i said HO KPI, i was talking about HO outgoing efficiency rate and ho outgoing preparation success rate.

regards,
    pix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.