Free Erlang traffic calculators

The world's first online Erlang traffic calculators

Telecom Traffic Online
  Home | Free calculators | Products | Tech. papers | Forum | About us
A-Z termination - click here
A-Z termination - CLICK HERE
VoIP bandwidth calculator
  • VoIP softswitch

DUAL Softswitch is a complete Voice over IP switching and billing solution.  Flat monthly rate.

Web control panels; Least Cost Routing; Excel tariff uploads; SIP and H323 support.

H323 SIP softswitch >>

• VoIP calling

Premium quality termination for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Direct >>

Our lowest rates for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Mobile >>

Our unique online callshop billing system.

Bill My Calls >>

SDCCH Mean Holding Time

Pix - 4th November 2017  (12:38 GMT)

Hello,

If the SDCCH MHT has increased, then the SDCCH traffic must have increased as well !
Traffic = MHT * SDCCH_Attempts

So unless the overall number of SDCCH_Attempts have decreased, it doesn't make sense to me.

If attempts have decreased, then something must have occurred ! (for example : less IRAT HO 4G-2G or 3G-2G, or fast reselection to UTRAN/LTE)

You may consider checking the cause of SDCCH establishments (MOC, MTC, LAU, SMS, IRAT reselection, etc) thanks to RAN counters. This may point you to the right direction.

BR / Pix

Nora - 31st October 2017  (13:34 GMT)

Dears From some weeks ago we faced with SDCCH MHT incremnet while radio team check and confirm that SDCCH traffic is decreased , there wasn't any change on core side.

would you pleas help me what could be the reason ?

Muddassir - 2nd December 2014  (02:52 GMT)

CAN someone brief me what is Mean holding time?

pix - 1st February 2008  (15:36 GMT)

the power margin is an adjacency parameter, isn't it ?

in this case you could set :

power margin (railway cell, standard cell) = 12db
power margin (railway cell, railway cell) = 3db
power margin (standard cell, railway cell) = 12db

That will certainly help. You see the idea behind these values ? Maybe you can use other parameters to achieve the same effects, as I'm not sure what are the nokia's HO ALGORITHMS.

Regards,
Pix
I don't know the nokia parameters, sorry.

Promod - 1st February 2008  (10:39 GMT)

Hi Pix,

1.My Power margin handover is 6db,Level margin handover is 6db and quality margin handover is 0 db.As i guess that is we can change Power margin to 3db so that fast moving mobiles will get immediately handovers
and what is the link factor parameter? In nokia what is the parameter name?

Please suggest me which will be the better way?

Regards,
Promod

Pix - 31st January 2008  (19:47 GMT)

Promod,

do you suspect the cell is catching railway traffic ? if yes :

- do you want this cell to catch the fast moving traffic ?

--YES : reduce the HO MARGIN, the DL EMERGENCY LEVEL THRESHOLD, disable DL power control, and strongly reuce the averaging windows (to 2, for instance). Drawback : you will impact the slow moving traffic in this cell as well.

-- NO : harden the incoming HO from the cells covering the fast moving traffic (higher HO MARGIN(n,s)) and direct this traffic from one "railway" cell to another "railway" cell. You can do this with LINK FACTOR and HO MARGIN (adjacency parameters)

PAN - 31st January 2008  (08:08 GMT)

to Water
There are some things, that may cause sdcch traffic increasing:
- enabling Check Imei feature in MSC/VLR or increasing it's frequency per radio event (for example, performing this procedure not only in Location Update cases, but in MOC, MTC, etc. and/or more frequently).
- enabling TMSI reallocation feature in MSC/VLR or increasing it's frequency per radio event in (see example above)
- enabling authentication feature in MSC/VLR or increasing it's frequency per radio event (see example above)

Promod - 31st January 2008  (08:03 GMT)

Hi Pix,

Some cells which are facing towards railway line are having high call drops and SDCCH drops.So will you suggest me what could be the reason?

Regards,
Promod

Water - 30th January 2008  (06:46 GMT)

Hi Pix!
The sdcch problem has affected most cells, in different BSCs, and different MSCs!
If you talk of the VLR then i will try ask the core engineers to check that for me!
I have been suspecting the LAPD signalling, but now i wonder what could have triggered such a problem in so many cells in different BSCs!

Thanks for the other response!

Thanks Guys!

pix - 10th January 2008  (10:59 GMT)

i don't know the MSC, sorry... not my field at all :)

Other messages

Other messages: [Next 10 >>]

Post a reply to this article

Name Enter your name.
Message Enter your message.
Email Optional -  If you enter your email address in this box, then you will automatically be notified if anyone replies to your message.  Your email address will only be published if you pay to post this message.
Verification
Please confirm you are human.
Press the button to post your message.
Home | Free online calculators | Products | Technical papers | Forum | Contact us | About us

Last modified: 17 May 2017

Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.